Friday, 27 July 2012

For you

4 weeks that's all it has been,
4 weeks has it been that long?
Time is forever skewed.

My head hurts.

So many thoughts,
Too many emotions.

I carry on.

I get through the day.

How?

How can I get out of bed?
How can I go on?

A little boy pulls my hand,
"I thought I would wake up and eat breakfast and we would play but then I couldn't, we didn't"

Made to be big too soon,
To deal with this horror too soon

I ache.

One lost.

I want to crawl under my blanket and stay there - lost with him.

Another pulls me forward,
Gets me up,
I have to keep moving.
One foot in front of the other,
I must do this for him.

I am broken yet I still work
I am in pieces yet I have to be whole
I am distraught yet he gives me cause to laugh
I am empty yet I am not
I am confused.

Love is powerful
Love keeps you grounded
Love helps you go on

It has saved me from collapse

I love you

I feel lost without him but you keep me here
I am thankful for all you give me

I keep walking for you

1 comment: