Rebecca (my cousin) read this:
The world may never notice
If a Snowdrop doesn't bloom,
Or even pause to wonder
If the petals fall too soon.
But every life that ever forms,
Or ever comes to be,
Touches the world in some small way
For all eternity.
The little one we longed for
Was swiftly here and gone.
But the love that was then planted
Is a light that still shines on.
And though our arms are empty,
And we don’t know what to do.
Every beating of our heart
Is saying we love you.
(Anon)
Courtney read:
Psalms 139: 13-16
Kelsey sang "Blackbird" by The Beatles
I wrote and managed to read this message:
Some
months ago a little bird came into my life with broken wings.
I
knew from that moment that I was to fight for him and hold him
He
was the sweetest most precious baby I have ever met and his eyes they begged me
to not leave him.
Even
though some were against us I fought for him and he came home. He became mine
my baby. I his mama and Cristi his brother. A caring beautiful big brother who
in such a short time showed such grace and love for my little bird and without
hesitation allowed him to share his mama.
The
pain of losing him so soon has been the worst I have ever felt but I know that
he died not alone but in the arms of a mama who loved him and surrounded by a
family that love us all.
You
will never be forgotten my little bird. My arms are empty without you and my
heart is no longer whole. But I still feel your red thread tugging at my heart
so I know even though you are gone you will always be with me and the love I
have for you will always live on in me.
We
will love you always and forever and you will always have a special part in our
family. But now I set you free and with mended wings you can fly.
Thank you for sharing this Katie- We are in constant prayer for you and Cristi. My hear hurts for you.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Emily
Katie,
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for you and Cristi. I can't imagine what you're going through but your strength through this is so inspiring. May your hearts continue to heal and even though the pain will always be there, I pray that someday soon the good memories will outshine the darkness you are feeling.
Love to you!
So sorry for your devastating loss, Katie! I am so thankful for your loving heart though, that was able to comfort and bring so much peace to such a precious child. Praying for you and Cristi during this time.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Rachel and Izabella
Katie, thank you for sharing such a personal moment. Praying so hard for you and sending all our love. I am so happy that your little boy felt your love and even for a short time knew what love means. You are amazing and I admire you so much. Angie xxx
ReplyDeleteKatie, Cristi, thank you for sharing these beautiful words with us, ours hearts like yours are breaking for you, he was a very special loved little boy, who will remain within your hearts forever, may he rest in peace now. God Bless you and Cristi. xxxx Love Sandra and Family.
ReplyDelete