As Christmas creeps upon us we have been trying to bring a little joy to those less fortunate. This time of year is hard for so many and I love the fact that I get to be part of and involve my son in trying to give a little of what we can to others in worse circumstances than ourselves. I think it is so important for him to be part of this work that we do here and I am thankful for his kind and loving heart.
 |
| Handing out shoeboxes at the special needs school |
 |
| Beautiful Diana - this smile says it all! |
 |
| Singing carols at the old peoples home |
 |
| This man (Gyula) used to live at Cadea and now lives here - it was so good to see him and he was so happy to see Cristi and I. |
 |
| Delivering family packages of clothes/duvets/food and shoeboxes. The family that live here live in one room on the side of this mud floor dilapidated house . They own very little. |
 |
| They are so poor this little one came out to the car barefoot in the snow. I carried her back inside where I saw the dirtiest baby I have ever seen looking at me with the most beautiful blue eyes. |
 |
| Then we stopped at this part of the village. A few huts at the bottom of a steep hill where 4 very large and extremely poor families live. |
 |
| They walked up to get their stuff |
 |
| This man (Mircea) was so happy to get one of the broken sleds we had brought (that had belonged to Cristi last year). I helped him take his stuff home where he tried to give me a puppy to thank me. He showed me the pig they will kill this week for food but apologised that the poor pig was hungry because they had hardly any food for themselves let alone for the pig. It makes you think! |
No comments:
Post a Comment