Wednesday, 11 December 2013

A Busy Wednesday

Today has been a non stop day of Christmas cheer and heartache. This morning I was in the depot with the Blythswood shoeboxes finding those perfect boxes to make my girls at the institution smile and feel lucky this Christmas.

I also got to go and see the beautiful little angels from school practice for their competition tomorrow. Some of you helped to dress them and they and the teachers were very thankful for your donations. They looked super cute and of course angelic :) I am wishing them luck and courage as they get up on that big stage tomorrow!


This afternoon we went to the 'old peoples home' to hand out Christmas gifts and sing carols. Oh my I tell you most years are hard but this year, tears were shed. Lost little faces of long and hard lives weeping as we sang songs of cheer and love. It was heartbreaking! It is hard to only offer a song, a Christmas greeting and a held hand. Snippets of love. 
It is wonderful on one hand to be involved in these moments. To live life this way with my son, to see the joy on some faces as we sing and dance with these old and often forgotten people. However, seeing the pain in some of their eyes, the smell of the place, and realising that my son could have been one of those young, lost, damaged souls (that live in one of the buildings there) had he not had the fortune of being placed in the orphanage he did. Life is so fragile and sometimes we humans are so cruel to those around us. Destroying innocence and creating a generation of hurt.
Remember to share some love and cheer this Christmas especially with those who have no one and often go through this time lonely and forgotten. It can be hard to see but a few moments of discomfort on your part can be worth huge moments of joy and love to another.
I love these two!!

Merry band of carolers

Singing as the gifts are handed out

Spreading some Christmas love

Oh Gyula! He literally ran at me and grabbed me in his arms. What a beautiful man!! Read my earlier post Gyula to see a bit about him.

Beautiful!

Group singing - they of course joined in with the carols too!

This lovely lady had a cat. She loves her cat!! I took a photo for her which she is very excited to receive when I get it printed out.

Courtney came with Otis - the old residents at the home were so happy to see him and hold his hand. It has been many years since this lady has seen such a small child so she actually thought he was a doll at first.

We also had the pleasure of being sung to although I had to stop filming when he broke down in  tears - oh my heart hurts :(

No comments:

Post a Comment