Thursday, 6 May 2010

For the girls who touch my heart

I have written this after a long discussion with the girls at the institution who have now been put on monthly injections - I presume to save money from the pill and sanitary towels. I wanted to share that talk with you.


They make the decision for us they say we have no choice
They take that right away from us as they take our voice
The big wigs, the directors that keep us in their lairs
They tell us to believe in Christ yet take away our prayers
It’s something that’s so simple a right for every woman
Biology’s way of telling us this month no baby’s coming
I understand they don’t want us to end up in that bind
We are children after all not in body but in mind
But to force us on injections to take away the pill
To take away our cycle well it takes away free will
Some people they would love to lose that monthly cycle pain
But I don’t want that not at all I want to feel that strain
Without it I feel I go mad, the pressure makes me cry
I pound my fists I pull my hair I feel like I might die
I want to leave this prison but there’s nowhere else to go
So I will sit here silently, feeling crazed and all alone.

1 comment: