Wednesday, 17 November 2010

It made me smile when.......

.....Cristi read a word for the first time on his own - "mama"
.....I told Alex goodnight and he made kissing noises into the air
.....we found another kitten and Kiki got sad that I gave it to our friend because we have 2 already - then we got home and he pulled our cats into his arms and told them how much he loved them
.....Alex was talking about a girl in gradi and Kiki said "that's A-N-A say it after me I'll teach you to spell"
.....When we got to the petrol station the other day none of us had money. So out of 5 adults we paid 14 lei 70 bani (roughly £3) to get us to an 8th Birthday party
.....We visited the institution and the girl I'm closest to got so happy when she wrote my name in chalk on her own on the ground (she's 28)
.....writing numbers in April Cristi learned number 5 by saying it looked like Grandpa's big belly. Today he told me Grandpa was also number 6 and 8 because of his belly, but that he (Cristi) was number 9 because of his curly hair
.....This evening he wanted to help me in the kitchen so he put on his apron and proclaimed "I am the man of the kitchen and I can do anything you ask"
.....The joy that Kiki and Alex had when we lit the candles and turned out the lights for a candle-lit dinner.
.....Cristi bumped a pram with his bike and so apologised to it before telling it he loved it and giving it a kiss!
.....This afternoon the boys got out their babies and dressed them in warm clothes to go out into the snow. Even though Cristi was wearing a t-shirt and sandals!
.....we ate lunch today and could sit outside in the warm November sun :)
.....we talked about the old orphanage and how they were when they were babies and what songs we used to sing and Cristi's face turned into a huge smile "I love you mama" he said

2 comments:

  1. the last one made me cry! what precious times we've had this week my lovely friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad it was his Grandpa's belly and not his Buni's that he thought was like 5, 6 and 8 - though you may be protecting me!!
    Im so glad he is with you all the time now. It will make such a difference to you both. Big hugs to you both - love you xx

    ReplyDelete