Monday, 14 February 2011

Sunday Outing

On Sunday we took a drive through the Black Forest and down to a town about 2 hours away where we walked along a railway and found a waterfall and lots of caves. It was a bright sunny but frosty day. A perfect Sunday outing.
We stopped in the Black Forest to stretch our legs.
And have fika.Cristi thought he was so clever sitting inside the car - he kept laughing at us as we stood outside shivering in the cold but beautiful winter's sun.

Getting ready to launch an ice missile

Picturesque

Walking along the tracks.

After around an hour walk we arrived at this waterfall.

Then ventured into a very humid cave

We could only walk 600m in because the next 300m were flooded due to melting ice. I never thought I would voluntarily walk toward rushing water in a cave - Martin likened it to an Indiana Jones movie. I was a little scared! Cristi thought it was magical.

Further on another cave where a house was built into the side of the mountain with no apparent way of getting into it. Cunning security tactics I say.

We stopped for a meal. The biggest meal Cristi has ever had placed in front of him. "Wow, do I have to eat all of this mama?"

2 comments:

  1. No minigolf in the caves, or boats, paris wheel or..? :P

    I so so so so soooooooooooo want to be there with you! Miss you, love you! Xxxxxx /Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristi just looks so happy! Looks like a super day - though you're not your mother's daughter going into caves like that!

    ReplyDelete