Wednesday, 3 August 2011

A few snaps either side of the wedding day

My friends just got married last week and they chose a spot a few hours south, a place where we had taken the children from the orphanage for a last camp before we closed it 2 years ago. It's a really beautiful area where mountains are coated thickly with trees reminding me of Scotland and the breathtaking scenery I was so daily accustomed to growing up. A deep man made lake is the center of this area where apparently at a certain point (though not where we stayed) you can see the top of the church steeple, from the flooded village, protruding from the still depths. Here are a few snaps from the 'holiday' side of the wedding weekend.
The view

Holiday craziness and our log cabin in the background

Roasting Hotdogs

S'mores - made even tastier with a smudge of peanut butter

Playing Hide & Seek but erm gotcha mate!!

View from the balcony

Morning clouds

A not so sunny day at the lake

The sun came out for 10 minutes.........

So he was straight in and straight out again because it was so flipping cold......

But it was really beautiful nonetheless!!

The creepy Captain who moored his boat right beside us and sat staring at us for 10 minutes - however I felt I should add it because aside from the creepiness of the man I like the pic.

First time fishing courtesy of Laz's Grandpa Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment