January has past in a blur and February has come to us in a flurry of sparkling white. The last month has been non stop and between a broken computer and not much time in the day to sit down and write I have I know neglected to blog. Now the computer seems to be fixed so I am back and I thought I'd just give a quick update on how the first month of 2012 has been for us.
School seems to be going OK for Cristi. Certainly the bullying has settled a little so that helps with his stress levels. School for me is going well. We have decided on our themes through till Spring and they will include the planets a focus on the Earth and the water cycle. For the moment we are working on time and so we have been making paper plate clocks with the children and trying to teach them how to tell the time and also what an amount of time feels like by timing them doing different tasks. It has been fun so far so here's hoping we keep their interest sparked.
I have been able to shuffle some things around so I have been visiting the hospital for at least 2 hours 6 days a week. I have been talking a lot with the social worker and trying to get the people feeding the babies to use different nipples on the bottles especially for baby J because he has a problem with his palette and therefore doesn't feed at all well with the enormous flowing nipples they currently use. I even brought a jar filled with new sterilised ones up. However (as I knew they would) they don't use them because as they tell me they don't have the time like I do to sit and feed them for that long.
It is hard to be amongst this, knowing that to change the top of the bottle and allow him to feed properly would in the long run save time and really help him but we can't seem to get them to use them. The good thing is at least it frustrates the social worker as much as myself!
We still have 2 babies up there who need desperately to go to homes but they are doing OK. Baby E is 3 months and really interactive. She is starting to make many noises and constantly smiles. She is an absolute joy! Baby J is 7 months and smaller than Baby E. He is still very stiff and needs a lot of interaction and love but, he is doing well and I love him very much. A few people have said how alike he is to Cristi at that age. So I know that with a lot of love, encouragement and work he can grow so much more than the clipped version of himself he is at the moment.
The good news is that a lady has been hired to work with the babies. She visits 3 afternoons from 2 till 6 pm so they are receiving a lot more care and interaction than they were 2 months ago. Small steps are making all the difference. Hopefully someday we can make it so that there once again is a staff there full time.
I can't think what more has been happening this month. My head is filled now with babies and school. I think it's better I turn to photos and move away from the words. I know photos are nicer (and quicker) to look at anyhow. So here's some things that January held for us.....
| Lots of Star Wars lego sets and lots of remodeling and engineering. Endless hours of fun with those Christmas presents! |
| Lots of holding precious little hands |
| Fun in the snow with our friends "Mama don't say he is LIKE my brother he IS my brother!" |
| Crazy eyes |
| Snowy walk |
No comments:
Post a Comment