Monday, 20 February 2012

Coming out of the ordinary....

(I do have to state that re reading this post I realise it is quite corny but it is how I am feeling today so just go with it! And don't judge me I'm a mix of emotions today!!)

Today we welcome my new niece little Lucy Elizabeth into the world! We are so happy for the new addition to our family. "I have a new sister" cried Cristi - we're still a little hinky on the English family terms! Oh the joy of a new baby, a new life and love, a new girl. She has been born into a world where so many love her and cherish her birth. We are lucky to have her.

I heard someone say the other day: "what brings us out of the ordinary are the people we love and those who love us". I think that she and all those that we allow our love to touch are graced with a little dusting of special. So, I think we need to spread that love and make people come out of the ordinary, everyone needs to feel loved - to feel special. I think this especially applies here where I live.

Last week another baby was left at the hospital. She had been left at birth due to a problem which meant that she has a large bulge on her face but her mother took her back and spent a month with her while she had surgery and recovery time. I remember the doctors face a few weeks ago when he told me she was taking her home. So happy that she finally would take her at 5 months. But....the surgery didn't work and she has brought her back. Now this precious little girl just cries and cries. Imagine having no mum for 5 months then being given one only to have her leave you after a month because of how you look. It is heartbreaking! She is a beautiful little girl if only she wasn't judged by others prejudices.
So, until she has a new mummy/daddy, a new family that will love her, as much as we already love Lucy Elizabeth, to make her come out of the ordinary I am going to be there loving her so that she knows that even at 6 months old she is loved and special. Just as I do for the other two who have been there since November. Oh they are so special and precious and loved and I repeat myself over and over but I can't understand why their birth families don't see this and feel this way too. It really is just so very saddening for me.

You can call me naive and I don't want to sound preachy but don't forget to share your love an extra bit and make someone feel just a little bit more special today. Ask yourself who doesn't want to feel special?! I know it is a week since Valentines but that doesn't mean we should stop letting those around us know just how loved and special they are! A hug, a kiss, a letter, a phone call, a text, a card, a smile, an email, a gift, a compliment, an act of service, an encouragement. I bet one of these simple things could mean the world to someone you love and who loves you. Go on - lift those around you out of the ordinary! You may find that in remembering to show your love you are the one left feeling a little more special :)

No comments:

Post a Comment