Yes today is International Woman's Day - which here in Romania is celebrated as both a day for all women coupled with Mothers Day. So I have been to Kiki's grădiniţă (pre-school) today to watch his 'mothers day' serbare (show). All the kids are given a poezie (poem) to recite and they join together to sing a bundle of 'i love you mama' type songs and dance. I have to be honest (and I wish I could paste videos in - but sadly from my camera I cant seem to) I was trying not to laugh. First they sway back and forth - girls in front of course then pair up to, as best as 5-7 year olds can, waltz. Then to top it off they did......drum roll please......the chicken dance! :) it was all very cute!!
Kiki was so proud the whole time - he kept looking over with the biggest goofiest smile ever! I was so thankful that this year he had a mama in the audience: someone to sing 'I love you mama' to; someone there to watch and smile back at him; someone there because they love him not just because they work with him and are told to go there! It was a special time. A time that he didn't stand there as a little orphan boy singing emptily out to an audience where no mother figure stood to appreciate him and be proud of him. To say I love you too! And I do Baby I love you. And I was, I am, so very proud of him.
Living here that has been one of the hardest things I've witnessed in the previous years before the orphanage closed. Watching and hearing 15 little motherless children being taught these songs and poems and singing them out with such gusto. Yes the previous years watching/hearing this has broke my heart. So, I felt so peaceful knowing that nearly all our children have mummies now to sing on out to. That really is something to be proud of.
and I'm proud of his mum xx
ReplyDeleteAnd so am I! Love /Hanna
ReplyDelete