Setting the scene: Walking past one of the big churches in the town......
Kiki: "is this Quasimodo's castle?"
Katie: "no his castle is in France"
Kiki: "so who has a castle here, in Romania"
Katie: "well some people say Dracula has a castle here in Romania, but its not in our town"
Kiki: "oh yeah Dracula if you go to his castle he bites your skin and drinks your blood - right?"
Katie: "hmmmm that's what they say - but I've never seen him"
Kiki: "well I have seen him. He has a BIG tail like a wolves, and he has black clothes and they are all ripped, and he has whiskers like Domino [our cat], and legs like the Beast [from Beauty & the Beast], and he is really strong."
Katie: "[laughing] and what about his eyes Kiki what colour are they?"
Kiki: "I'm not sure well no [and as we walk past a pile of mud on the ground] they are mud!"
Katie: "his eyes are the colour of mud?"
Kiki: "NO he doesn't have eyes they are just mud. Two big circles of mud!"
Oh the imagination of children!!
No comments:
Post a Comment